Lyn Malone and Seth Dixon combined to present at NCGE 2015 on Saturday August 8th; the topic was Teaching AP Human Geography with Live Web Maps. This material with be given under some broad headings. First, what are web maps was where to find some:
- Great Web maps for APHG units:
- The Evolution of the World Map. (All resources for unit 1, shortlist)
- NY Times Migration. (All resources for unit 2, shortlist)
- MLA-Language. (All resources for unit 3, shortlist)
- Political Ecology of Fracking.(more resources on fracking). (All resources for unit 4, shortlist)
- Agriculture: Coffee Map, Ag Census.(All resources for unit 5, shortlist)
- Industrialization and Economic Development: ChartsBin Development, Industry Map. (All resources for unit 6, shortlist)
- Chicago Before the Fire., Esri’s Urban Observatory. (All resources for unit 7, shortlist)
- Environment: Interactive Wind Globe; Historical: Historic Topographic Maps.
- Participant Survey
- Getting students to create Web Maps: RISE OF THE MEGACITIES
- Using Web maps for APHG content (GeoInquiries).
- After the Conference: Explore ESRI tag on Seth’s site; especially look at the article entitled, “Speaking the Language of Spatial Analysis” by Dawn Wright.
- Future Resources:PDF’s from ESRI on GIS’s importance: GIS in Education, GIS in Social Studies, GIS and Environmental Education, GIS and STEM, GIS and APHG.
Leave a Reply