- NY Times article (2011) on why the Mexican migration to the USA has dramatically slowed down since 2000.
- Washington Post article (2011) on how the Drug violence is bringing affluent Mexicans to move north.
- Blog post about the Border Economy and the Maquildora Landscape.
- An article from The Economist (2011) regarding the Changing Geography of Mexico’s Drug War.
- BBC News article (2012) tells that The Zetas have surpassed the Sinaloan Federation as the most powerful Drug Cartel in Mexico.
- Excellent immigration Maps that show chain migrations from Mexico into the United States on Geo-Mexico.com.
- NY Times article on the Mexico City’s plan to shut down a landfill and use methane gases to power 35,000 homes.
Other parts of Latin America
- NPR podcast (2012) on the Police violence gripping Honduras since the Military junta seized power.
- NPR podcast (2012) on the USA easing travel restrictions to Cuba.
- A 2010 NY Times video covering the physical and human geography that made Haiti more vulnerable to the earthquake.