Seth Dixon‘s insight:
Today was the first of the T3G Institute at the Esri headquarters and the wonderful team has shared great resources that I found incredibly useful for teachers to use great web maps. So what makes a great web map. A great web map should be highly interactive, intuitive, and be able to function at various scales. This video helps to show the power of maps to help tell a great story or to share spatial content.
The presenters each shared an exemplary web map.
- Lyn Malone selected a modern language map.
- Charlie Fitzpatrick chose a land use change map with satellite imagery.
- Amy Work highlighted a great storymap that shows global food supply data.
- Roger Palmer selected a map from an AAG project Changing Planet.
- Joesph Kerski created a map to show a impact of a proposed new road in the Serengeti.
- Kathryn Keranen shared a great iOS app QuakeFeed.
Tags: GIS, ESRI, mapping, cartography, geospatial, edtech, geography education, unit 1 GeoPrinciples.
See on www.youtube.com
Leave a Reply