In May 2013, GeoGuessr came online and quickly became a favorite quiz game of geo-enthusiasts. Using 5 random locations in Google Street View. The game player can search the area in Street View and then make a guess as to where it is on the map. Using GeoSettr, you can create your own GeoGuessr challenge by choosing five locations on Google Street View.
You can customize your own GeoGuessr quizzes now, as others pan and zoom in the StreetView to explore the landscape you selected and find more context clues as to where that location is. Try my sample quiz that I made based on these 5 clues.
- The best place to get clam cakes and doughboys in RI
- My hometown is home to this center of athletic excellence
- This monument was a part of my research in this Latin American city
- This is where I went to school to get my Ph.D.
- Home to the movie “Close Encounters,” this National Monument has always fascinated me.